Monday, November 7, 2022

A Christmas Card

 Greetings,

I know I promised posts with flowers, but going through my tons of patterned paper, I found a lovely one from 2020 called Plush Poinsettia by Stampin' Up! It has berries and leaves, so close enough to flowers, right? Seeing it I just had to make a Christmas card. I am hoarding the really dark green paper! 😀

The design of this card is CASEing one from a video by Jackie Bolhuis at Klompen Stampers, her Fun Fold Cards Tutorial Vol. 3.

I made mine opening from the top rather than the side. A 1" belly-band shown here is needed to keep it closed. Besides the specialty plush vellum paper, I used SU's retired Handsome Hunter card stock and red glitter paper. 

The Merry Christmas die is retired from Elizabeth Craft Designs, dated 2014, and is a die I use a lot. I remembered to back the glitter piece with double sided adhesive paper before cutting it out, a first for me as I usually forget and struggle gluing small cutouts. The berry stems and leaf are fussy cut from a snippet of the above designer paper. When opened, there is a nice rectangular piece of white paper ready for a holiday message.

Are you making Christmas cards yet? I have done several, but I sure miss the old CAS Christmas challenge. Take care, my friends. Best to you all from me in MN.

,

1 comment:

  1. Jeanne, there are so few flowers where we live at Christmas - where would we be without Holly? and berries?
    So very sweet!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave A Comment