Friday, December 2, 2022

CCC November 2022 + One More

 Greetings!

I just cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. It's December now? What? I just don't feel like making Christmas cards right now, so here are a couple I made instead.

First up is my card for the November Card Chain Challenge. It's a big flower stencil that I have used before. This time I tried to use the challenge color suggestions of chocolate, orange and slate. Mine don't match exactly, but that is okay. I also made it a friendship card 'cuz it went to a friend!

I used an Uniko stencil called Gerbera on a SU Basic Gray cardstock, The flower was colored with a sponge in SU Mango Melody and the center and sentiment with Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is stamped onto a label cut with the old SU Washi Label punch. I found this great saying from Stamplorations called Blooming Buds. It apparently recently sold out. The stencil is still available.

Next up is a card made following a video by SU Demo, Sharon Armstrong and I had most of the supplies she used. The idea was to put color through a die.

The die set is called Artistic Dies from SU and the colors I sponged on are Concord Crush and Lemon Lime Twist, all retired now. The green leaves are hard to see. The cardbase is also Concord Crush. I chopped down the panel as not all of it was usable, using a SU Rectangle Stitched Framelits die. Just for fun, a coordinating rectangle is behind the focal point.  The hello is in Basic White ink from the SU poly set called To A Wild Rose, also retired. Hard to see, but it is there. I have new stuff, don't you know, but need to love some of the older goodies too. Right?
 
So, I'm doing flower cards like I promised and am happy doing them. 🌼

Bye for now from a snowy evening in Minnesota.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive stencilled flower, clever way to use the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have reminded me that I have that very same stencil. I love how you have used it and it looks so good in those soft muted colours. I know what you mean about making Christmas cards. Sometimes you just can't face it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be slow to get here, Jeanne - just love the colors on your beautiful stenciling! Thanks for this gorgeous card - we'll have to meet up after the holidays to get to Anchor Paper!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave A Comment