Monday, December 19, 2022

Snowflakes and Stars

Hi and Happy Holidays! 

I don't know where I've been, busy, I guess, but I just realized this is the final challenge for the Squash It team. So I just have to participate in Let's Squash It Challenge # 27 that calls for snowflakes and stars. I am really going to miss this challenge. It has been fun! Thanks Gail and Jo.

Here is my card:

 Choosing an embossing folder was my first step. Luckily I use Evernote, so I could see all my snowflake and stars folders. This is a new one from Simon Says Stamp called Faceted Snowflakes. Still available.

Next I made an A2 side opening  base card from Night of Navy cardstock, a perennial favorite color of mine by Stampin' Up! The snowflake ef was run through my Gemini Jr. using PTI white cardstock. 

The idea for the sweater is a CASing of a card I made years ago, maybe 2018 and probably blogged about on my old blog. Remember it? Lucky I save everything. Teehee. Anyway, the die is from the retired Elizabeth Craft Designs called Winter Sweater, and for sale a couple of other places.

For the stars I punched them out with an old SU mini star punch. And finally, added Brrr in the navy using a die from another SU/Sizzix retired set named Snowflake Card Thinlits. A layer of white is inside for a note or sentiment when I am ready to send this out. 

Done. What do you think? Because the embossing folder is new, I am adding this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #45 and as the Brrr is from a snippet of paper, am also entering Di and Sarn's Snippet Playground #443. 

Goodbye my friends. Hope to see you next time. Sending Happiest Holiday Wishes to you all!!
 

 




8 comments:

  1. What a clever way to play with the theme, Jeanne! I love it. Thanks for getting Squashy with us and I'm so pleased to have found your new blog, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes and stars and sweater - oh my! Great card for the season and thank you for joining in the fun at NBUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Jeanne! Perfect for Winter time!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card for Christmas or a winter birthday.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground! Please come up to the Treehouse Bar to enjoy a nice hot chocolate with extra marshmallows (and maybe a little nip of Baileys?) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, my friend, and so perfect for what is happening / about to happen across your neck of the woods between now and Christmas! That starry sweater will be very welcome and I love the snowflake e/f texture! I hope you are all inside with Christmas shopping and grocery shopping done so you can be safe and warm. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS and Happy Holidays Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling sweater with stars, Jeanne, and I love the embossed background!! So glad you joined in at Let's Squash It!! Linda Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet sweater on a lovely embossed background, great wintery card Jeanne. Hope you stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This winter sweater looks great and love the added stars Jeanne, also the snowflakes embossed in the background..a beautiful winter card, and wishing you a Merry Christmas too, and lots of creative fun in 2023. x

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave A Comment