Monday, June 8, 2026

Christmas Birdie

 .
 Greetings,

After searching through my hoard stash of bird stamps, dies and stencils sets, I found this one from Concord & 9th that I have never played with before. My card will join the CAS Christmas Challenge: June that is newly returned to action by Loll. 

The SU Grey A2 base card was on my desk waiting to be used. I chose the biggest birdie stencil in the above stencil pack as I thought he was so cute. I used a soft roller brush to color him with Hero Hues Unicorn Pigment Ink. The beak, eye, wing, and feet were stamped with Memento black ink. I tweaked on the wing to highlight it.

The challenge asks for CAS Christmas cards and luckily Concord & 9th has this nice Merry Christmas and present stamps in the newer Joyful Wreath stamp and dies set that I used to complete the card. I  stamped them in SU Real Red. I thought that gives a festive touch to the card. 

Because both sets are having their first outing, I am adding this to NBUS #87.

 


Thank you for visiting and I hope you will come by again. I love having visitors 










8 comments:

Loll said...

This is such an adorable bird, Jeanne!! Love him coloured in the classic black and white ... with a little red from the present and sentiment. Fantastic CAS design! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the stencilled bird.
Carol x

Lisa Elton said...

He looks like he's singing his little heart out! This is too cute, Jeanne. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Christmas!

Julia Aston said...

I just LOVE your roly poly fluffy white bird Jeanne! - so sweetly perched on the sentiment and with the present poking up from the corner! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christams: Bird! Julia xx

Cheryl W. said...

Such a fun card! The bird is big enough, you could even add a tiny bit of holly somewhere on him.

Barb Finnical said...

So very cute, eye-catching and creative!

Betty said...

your little chirping bird is so cute - and thanks for the kind comment on my butterfly JUG card!

Maria said...

What a sweet bird! Great touch of red with the sentiment and gift! A wonderful CAS card!!