Sunday, August 23, 2026

Sending Smiles

 Hey There Friends!

Showing this time a card using an oldie but goodie stamp from Stampin Up. This Swallowtail stamp is originally from 2013. My card is a CASE of a card by Claire Creates Cards. I had saved a pictre of her card from a long time ago. 

I stamped my butterfly on white c.s. with Memento black ink and proceeded to color with SU Blends in many colors. I fussy cut out the stamp then placed it on an A2 top folding black cardbase. I had to draw in the antena.

A lot of yellow for some reason, so when it came time to add a sentiment, yellow seemed best. In real life there is quite a bit of orange that doesn't show in this picture. That makes it better, I think. Next time I want to do a card with more purple and green colors.

I really thought I had a wood version of this stamp, but couldn't find it anywhere. So I bought on-line another one, this time a cling stamp.


The front sentiment is from Penny Black set called Paper Hugs. Inside I used another stamp from there saying "Lots of Hugs to My Dear Friend." The card will be going to my friend in California.

A lovely top-ten day here in MN, temps in the mid 70's with low humidity. My kind of summer day.


Sending you smiles too! Thank you for visiting and I hope you will come by again.










3 comments:

Maria said...

Such a beautiful butterfly card in lovely color! It looks perfect against the black background!

Greta said...

Your weather sounds perfect! Hopefully, we won't have any more days over 90. Love the look of your butterfly and the black background is perfect, Jeanne!

HilaryJane said...

What a beautiful butterfly and I love the drama of the black cardbase. Thanks for your recent visit to me and kind words xx